Marked out the shed, the roof line (for drainage), center for the main pier and made sure everything was level and square.
Dug and set the four concrete footings for the shed. Dug the 4' wide, 4' deep hole for the main pier. This was a huge task that took me almost two weeks to complete. The first 18" was easy to dig loom where everything under that point was solid clay and rock which almost had to be chipped out 1/2 an inch at a time. I did not rent any equipment to save some cash but also doubt that a common earth auger could have helped anyway.
Set the base and rebar then leveled the Sonotube. The bell shaped base is a Bigfoot Systems BF36 and the Sonotube is 14" (which is recommended with a 10" pier), both of which I had to specially order from a local lumberyard.
Final preparations before mixing and pouring the 1120 lbs (1/2+ ton) of 5000psi concrete by hand which took just over 2 hours without taking a break.
Final concrete pier top plate, facing north and level. The 3/4" L-bolt assembly, technical drawing, instructions and wooden set pattern for a 10" pier where purchased by company that makes astronomy piers. Later after the L-bolts where set and the concrete had cured it was discovered that this pier company sent me the wrong wooden template (for an 8" pier and not the 10" pier). In the end I am not happy with the outcome or their lack of helping to resolve this issue. I recommend purchasing your own L-bolts from McMaster Carr which I list part numbers in my pier design.
Set a border of pressure treated 4x6's to contain a layer of rocks. Then laid down a plastic ground cover used on greenhouse floors which I purchased from LittleGreenhouse that allows water and moisture to pass but will help to block weeds from growing. Finally a layer of rocks was put down for drainage as well as help keep animals from burrowing/nesting under the shed. This was also a convenient way to get rid of a bunch of rocks I had collected while digging.
Most of the floor framing as well as the electric and data pipes to the pier are completed. I also ran the electric for a future outside 120V outlet even though it won't be used until its connected to the 120V service at the house. I wanted to look ahead and get everything done under the floor to make future cabling as easy as possible.
I choose to use pressure treated 2x8's with bolts and braces for strength and longevity. Note the double joists around the pier in the middle. This is so I can have some removable floor panels in case I ever upgrade/change the size of the pier or if the shed ever needs to be just an ordinary shed again in which case the pier can be removed and a new flat floor panel can be easily installed.
The shed floor and everything underneath it is completed. The floor boards are 3/4" pressure treated plywood. The cuts for the pier in the center boards will be completed once the metal pier is in place. At this point I can start construction on the actual shed itself.